20.6.14

Sensual Arts; the most debated ones.


I grew up in the Terai plains of Nepal. It was a small town and with what I remember from my early days, it was hesitant to openness; be it arts, movies or fashion.


With time, I got opportunities to travel. I traveled and even had an amazing chance to study abroad. After my enrollment at the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, the limit that kept suppressing me simply blew off. I was exposed to this enormous open ideas of exploration and that led me to come back home and explore. For my portfolio, I traveled extensively all over and ventured through the villages and cultures of Nepal. There is where I cam across these 'Sensual form of Arts'. These Arts were rare but still found in places across Nepal. They changed my entire perception. They no longer meant explicit sexual material for me, instead, they became precious and rare. 

Sensual Carvings - an eBook

The journey is long, yet full of excitement. Whenever I come across such carvings, they bring smile on my face. No matter how clean the intentions were, there must be some notoriety in their mind. Also, I become curious whether it was the Artist or the Contractor of the building who actually thought of putting such Carvings up there. 


Besides, there are so much to explore. The temple, the place, the tradition at that time, the history, the ideas behind the construction of such monuments have actually paved the road towards our curiosities. History holds enormous mysteries and sometimes, they're simply unfold-able. Yet, we can ask people to pour in their thoughts and breed a discussion, a discussion that will be healthy enough to see these arts with an artistic intention. And maybe, someday, we'll be open enough to undertake our journeys into the vast mysteries behind these rare Arts.


Sensual Carving 


These are random thoughts. I'm wrong. Wrong all the time, but who cares. It's just what I see. It's just what I believe. And therefore, your refusal of my belief makes these Arts the most debatable ones.

The images can be viewed at:
Smashwords


No comments: